Healing Education is a monthly magazine available on iPhone and Android devices. The magazine is an app that provides valuable information about back pain causes and treatment that can be downloaded to your device. Our second issue, themed “Weight Management and Pain,” is now available.
Our first issue launched in February of 2014 and contains several topics of interest to those looking for safe, effective and natural methods for working toward a pain-free life. In our second issue, we feature articles and video from health and wellness experts that explore the complex relationship between excess weight and chronic pain as well as how to manage both.
About the Issue
Issue #2 contains six articles:
1. “Abdominal Fat May Be Causing Your Back Pain”: Certified health coach and personal trainer David Gohl shares insights and research into the connection between excess abdominal fat and lower back pain.
2. “How Do You Get Rid of Belly Fat?”: In this article, personal trainer Zazeh Morfittis sets the record straight. The answer to losing abdominal fats lies not in crunches, but in the combination of diet and smarter exercise.
3. “Review of ‘Lose It!’ Weight Loss Program and Calorie Counter App”: Lisa Vallez, app reviewer at CrazyMikesApps.com, shares her experience with the free weight loss app, “Lose It!” She walks readers through the many interesting and valuable features of this app that set it apart from other similar products on the market.
4. “Mason Jar Salad Swap: Healthy Living on a Tight Schedule”: This is an interview I conducted with Nicole Putrello who, in recent years, has taken on the task of getting fit after seeing her health decline from the time constraints associated with a full-time desk job, motherhood and the many other hats she wears. Nicole implemented a mason jar salad swap with two co-workers to promote optimal time management and healthy eating at work. She recently began the Facebook page, Hard Working Healthy Woman, where she shares motivation, inspiration and tips with other women working to live healthier lives.
5. “Is Sitting on Your Backside Dangerous?”: This is a short, entertaining and informative video by Risk Bites, a team whose Youtube channel explores danger in its many guises with humor and no shortage of research. In this video, the team tackles the many health risks of sitting, from obesity to heart disease, as well as one simple way to combat these risks.
6. “Yoga Class at Home: Internet Resources”: Yoga is an ideal form of exercise for lower back pain. For a variety of reasons, from cost to transportation issues, some people may prefer a home exercise program. In this article, I offer readers resources for practicing yoga in a structured way from home, including free recorded classes and paid interactive classes online.
Healing Education is one more weapon you can add to your arsenal against lower back pain. Let us know what you think, and share with your friends!